MIG Welding – (Course Ref: MIG01)
This two day course has been designed to introduce the novice, or those with limited experience, to the basic principles of MIG (Metal Inert Gas)welding. On completion of the course candidate should have gained enough knowledge and received guidance in the safe use of the MIG equipment.
Training Express In-House Certificate
- Identify gases
- Operate MIG welding equipment effectively and safely
- Have an overview of COSHH regulations
- Identify correct PPE
- Recognise poor welds
- Recognise and understand the reason for poor welds
If you would like to discuss course availability, fees and information with a member of our team, please contact us by clicking here
- MIG/MAG welding safety
- Principles of the MIG/MAG process
- Selecting correct shielding gas
- Selecting correct electrode wire
- Setting optimum operating parameters
- Modes of metal transfer (Dip, Globular, Spray)
- Joint designs and applications
- MIG/MAG welding techniques and tutored practice for the required weld types
- Identification and avoidance of weld defects
Please contact our office staff with any queries regarding our course costs.
Mileage costs may be applied to training taking place over 25 miles from our sites.